Does a “Name Brand” Make Better Mattresses?
Often, we get asked if we sell certain name brands when people enter our store. Our answer is “We support sleep systems made from quality materials (such as HD memory foams, pre-stressed memory foams, latex, cooling properties and proper coil counts per size for support, etc.) and proper support, NOT names.”
—Our goal is to help our customers find quality sleep, not to sell mattresses that will fail you. —
When considering your sleep needs, rest assured that research is worth your investment. Mattresses can be cheap in cost, but you often get what you pay for. A name will not change that. For example, if you buy a $299 Queen mattress, you may have to buy another one within 2 yrs, so did you really save anything?
Knowing what is inside your mattress will save you money in the long run. We take the time to explain what is in our mattresses so you can learn about the materials and what you are buying.
Here are a few Do’s and Don’ts to help you find a great sleep system:
The “Don’t” List:
- Don’t shop by price alone. Research what you are buying.
- Don’t shop by name brand. All companies make both quality and value mattresses. A popular brand name means a lot of marketing, not necessarily quality.
- Don’t invest in a mattress until you know what the bed is composed of. Details matter!
- Don’t buy a mattress only for the feel. When you have a terrible mattress at home, most mattresses will feel good.
- Don’t compromise your sleep needs for your partner’s sleep needs. Find a sleep system that accommodates both.
The “Do” List:
- Do learn what materials to look for in a mattress because quality means a better and longer support system for quality sleep.
- Do research financing options. We offer 3 for every person’s needs from no credit, to rebuilding credit, to good credit.
- Do think seriously when purchasing a sleep system. You spend 1/3 of your life on average sleeping, and all you do is dependent upon your sleep. Sleep is more important than diet and exercise.
- Do know that a straight spine is more important than the feel of a mattress. Both are important, but support is key!
- Do focus on your sleep needs as an individual. Sacrificing your needs for a partner means you bought a mattress that still isn’t helping you. There are many options for couples that do not break the bank, so ask, research and be open to both of your needs being met.
I hope this has left you feeling more confident in finding a sleep system. I know there are many options, but if you take the time to research and find a store that is willing to explain and teach you, you can find it to be a very enjoyable, relaxing experience.
For more help finding the right mattress we’ve got these blogs too:
Foam vs Springs and the Importance of Sex
Mattress Foundations and Bed Height
About the author:
Javier Casillas is the owner of Live Well Mattress & Furnishings Centres, professionally trained sleep and furnishing stores, specializing in specific mattresses for specific needs.
He lives to give. He is an active member of his community and church. His hard work and efforts pay off for him when he can help others, and give to efforts for the betterment of others.
His spare time is spent with his beautiful wife, Gretchen. They are craft beer hobbyists who enjoy making their own beers, visiting small breweries, and making new friends. Their lives revolve around church, family, exercising, four great dogs, and keeping up with their home in Alamogordo NM.